My Counter

Free Counters

Sunday, June 8, 2008

This I Believe

This I Believe is an international project engaging people in writing, sharing, and discussing the core values that guide their daily lives. These short statements of belief, written by people from all walks of life, are archived here and featured on public radio in the United States and Canada. The project is based on the popular 1950s radio series of the same name hosted by Edward R. Murrow.

Three Ways to Do This:
Personal essay: Focused on belief or insight about life that is significant to the writer

Personal narrative: Focused on a significant event

Personal memoir: Focused on a significant relationship between the writer and a person, place, or object

To assist you make sure that in your writing you :
Are brief:
Name your belief:
Be positive:
Be personal:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We believe technology is good for kids.
Molly and Scott TIE 2008

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I believe we need more funding and support for technology in our district. TIE 2008 Colorado

Unknown said...

Here is the link to my Belief Statement Essay from my work with This I believe.

You can also explore my kid's examples by going to the sitemap

Ben Wilkoff - TIE 2008

Anonymous said...

Technology is not only good for kids, it is necessary. Our schools should realize that technology funding is paramount. TIE 2008 Colorado

Unknown said...

I believe technology should be integrated MORE in the classroom and that the districts should support this rather than build walls that limit or prohibit learning through these amazing resources. Unlimited funding should be available for these fantastic, wonderful, and amazing tools.
- TIE '08, colorado
Jill, Linda, Casandra

Cindy said...

-WE believe "the children are our future. Teach them well, and let them lead the way..."
-Whatever it takes, the kids are worth it.
-Laughter in the classroom is essential. "Usually it is me in the classroom making a fool of myself."
-I have learned as much from my students as they have learned from me.

Kathryn said...

Follow your bliss...

Anonymous said...

Technology moves the "world" and hope we move with it....

Rw said...

We all believe in change and hopefully it is for the better.
Shelley,Susan,Shelly,and Nikki TIE '08

elizabeth said...

I believe in choices and learning from your mistakes. There are 5 important things to live by. Live,love,laugh,listen and learn.